Prepare, maintain and provide the departments with the required documentation regarding all facets of purchasing and production. Consolidation of vendor base and ensure maximization of quality of goods on or below budget constraints and per the production schedule requirements. The purchasing agent reports to the Manager of Purchasing.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Purchase sub-contract machining, machined parts and other commodities to include hydraulic, electrical and mechanical components.
· Purchase raw materials, i.e., steel, plastic, rubber, products as well as forgings, weldments, castings as required.
· Responsible and managing vendor selection, auditing performance, quality, cost and enforcement of company policies and procedures.
· Possess knowledge in job site manufacturing processes.
· Technically and improvement oriented, work well with others.
· Strong purchasing skills, experience with international business practices, i.e. exchange rates, negotiation skills concerning contracts/agreements with vendors.
· Experience with negotiating and selection of trucking/international freight forwarders and terms.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or a technically related field
· More than 5 years experience in a related position
· Ability to communicate well both written and verbal in English and Spanish
· Proven cost reduction experience with both small and large volumes.
· Proven/demonstrated talent at accomplishing deadlines and follow-up
· Computer literacy
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Project) and MAS 200 software
· ISO 9001 Standards knowledge
· Experience with international business
· Similar or related industry/product base